What is PowerXL Cafe Fresh?
It is a personal coffee maker with a built in coffee grinder, that makes Power XL a personal coffee brewer. The PowerXL brews perfect coffee from fresh coffee beans of your choice in the comfort of your home. Just place the coffee beans inside the basket, the powerful blades grind the beans and brew the coffee between 195 to 205 degrees. The promoters of PowerXL Cafe Fresh claim that the coffee from pods does not taste FRESH. The reason being, the coffee pods are months old and they don’t have the flavor of fresh coffee, besides the coffee pods are expensive. PowerXL Cafe Fresh coffee maker claims to use advanced thermal technology that supposedly maximizes the flavor of any coffee bean. Hence ordinary coffee beans taste like premium and premium coffee beans taste better than before, they claim. Traditional coffee pods are big, bulky and messy but not the PowerXL, which is sleek and compact and has no messy coffee filters to dispose of. The PowerXL coffee maker takes coffee brew mugs of size 8 oz or 16 oz. What’s “Fresh” in the PowerXL Cafe Fresh? – Since it makes coffee from FRESH coffee grounds.
How does the Power-XL work?Power-XL Cafe Fresh is what they call “Bean to Cup Coffee Maker” but with reduced quantity to make it a “personal” coffee maker. Power XL is neither the first nor the last personal coffee maker and works on the same principle that all other similar coffee makers work on. The Power XL Cafe Fresh has four important parts – the grinder, the water reservoir, the heating element and the coffee dispenser.
- The Grinder – Power XL features a small coffee grinder component similar to a blender, it has grinding blades that convert the coffee beans into fine coffee.
- The Water Reservoir – It holds the water and boils it with the help of a resistive heating element very similar to the one used in an electric toaster. The boiling water is mixed with the coffee powder in the basket at a temperature range of 195 to 205 degree Fahrenheit.
- Drip – This caffeinated water then “drips” into the mug below. The heating element has two jobs to do, one – heat the water that is mixed with the coffee. Second – to keep the water warm.
Power XL Cafe Fresh Coffee Maker Review So is it all that simple, doesn’t all this sound too easy and fanciful? well it surely does. In this part of the review we analyze the claims and features of the Power XL Cafe Fresh coffee maker. It isn’t what it looks like. Here are the pros and cons of the Power XL Cafe Fresh coffee maker.
Advantages of Power XL Cafe Fresh
- Saves Money – You don’t have to keep buying the coffee pods.
- Saves Space – This unit is really compact and does not occupy lot of space on the countertop.
- Hot Coffee – The coffee made by the Power XL is really hot and it stays hot for a long time.
Does the Power XL Cafe Fresh Really Work?
The Power XL Cafe Fresh is just an ordinary personal coffee brewer which makes coffee which lacks many features that are standard in modern coffee brewers. Strikingly the most important feature missing is the compatibility with the coffee pods. Personal coffee brewers have got their own pros and cons. Having said this the Power XL works fairly well within its limits.
PricingThe Power XL Cafe Fresh is priced at $59.97 + $9.99 S/h. The Power XL is available only at the official website PowerXLCafeFresh.com which is owned by Tristar Products Inc. This personal coffee machine, given its limited features is expensive. There are far better alternatives from good brands available out there in the market.
What do I get?
- 1 Power XL Cafe Fresh Coffee Maker
- 1 Favorite Coffee House Recipe Book
- Pro Stainless Steel Milk Frother
- Double-Walled Stainless Travel Mug with Lid (Just Pay Separate $9.99 Fee)
There are a lot of things that the promoters of the Power XL Cafe Fresh don’t tell you. The advertisement over-exaggerates the coffee maker, this is not an unique product. Our reviewers don’t find any special feature in the Power XL Cafe Fresh and hence we DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. Making fresh coffee with the PowerXL Coffee Fresh machine is time consuming and takes time to get used to making coffee from coffee beans. You need to go through a lot of steps compared to the coffee pods. The disadvantages of the Power XL Cafe Fresh outweigh the advantages. There are far better alternative out there that are 2-in-1 (Coffee Ground and Coffee Pods). We would recommend the tried and tested Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker for K-Cup Pods And Ground Coffee.