Power XL Air Fryers MODELS
Are you confused with so many Power XL air fryers, not able to find the best one that suites your needs. In this article we will analyze the various models of Power XL Air Fryer and compare their features and prices.
Let’s get to the point – Air Fryers have got a specific job to do, they are not like your regular ovens. “Traditional Air Fryers are Small.” The biggest disadvantage of the Air Fryers (like the PowerXL) is that they are not meant to make food for an entire family. You have to make food in batches to serve the entire family which is not very convenient. Now Power XL out to remove the biggest drawback associated with the Air Fryers. Power XL has now come up with a new BIGGER Air Fryer that they call the ““Power XL TURBO Air Fryer” to address the issue of “Family Sized Air Fryers”. So how does the new bigger Power XL Turbo Air Fryer differ from the original Power XL Air Fryer?. Before getting to the comparison let’s wee what models of Air Fryers Power XL have and how do they differ.
- Original Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 Quart
- Power XL Fryer 3.4 Quart
- Power XL DELUXE Fryer 3.4 Quart
- Power XL VORTEX Air Fryers
- PowerXL Air Fryer Oven 6 Quart
- PowerXL Turbo Air Fryer
- Tabular Comparison
The original 1700-watt “As Seen On TV” Power XL Air Fryer is the 5.3 quart appliance that does NOT belong to the “VORTEX” family. The original Power XL Air Fryer is no longer available on the official Power XL website [PowerXLProducts.com]. The “ORIGINAL” is the most sold of all the Power XL models and has over 1500+ reviews on Amazon.com and 4.5 star cumulative rating. The Original Power XL Air Fryer claims to feature “Rapid Air Technology” and also the “Turbo Cyclonic Air”. The Original Power XL Air Fryer comes with 7 pre-set functions that are – French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, shrimp & baked food. The Original Power XL has a round display and fewer functions compared to the VORTEX family.
Price – $110 [Available at Amazon.com]
Pros and Cons of Power XL 5.3 Quart Air FryerThe pros and cons are extracted from the acutal user reviews.
- Decent piece of equipment for those who like to “FRY”. Easy to use, the food cooked tastes fine and definitely cuts down on the cooking time.
- Works perfectly well for stuffed foods like mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls and jalapeno poppers. Cooks them under 10 minutes. Great for cooking veggies too. Most of the items are cooked under 20 minutes including chicken and french fries.
- If you are cooking in the basket you need to flip and shake the food for even cooking.
- Requires constant monitoring.
- Removing and inserting the basket is cumbersome.
- Smokes when cooking steaks.
- Reviews mention that after a couple of months the non-stick coating of the basket begins to peel-off. There is no replacement basket available rendering the Air fryer handicapped.
VerdictThe Power XL 5.3 Quart Air Fryer is a decent medium sized Air Fryer but is no longer available on the official Power XL website. It is available on Amazon.com though. This Air Fryer is well suited for a family of 4 to 5 people. The chipping paint of the basket is the only major complaint about the Air fryer but is serious one since the replacement baskets are not available. This model is superseded by the 5 Quart VORTEX Air fryer.
There is a smaller (3.4 quart) version of the Original Power XL Air Fryer. The smaller PowerXL is well suited for a single person or a couple living together. This is the cheapest and smallest of the “Original” Power XL Air Fryer. The power rating is 1500 watt. Rest all the features are exactly similar to the original “as seen on tv” PowerXL air fryer. Other standard features are – Digital Timer with Auto Shut-Off, 7-preset programs, Max temp 400 Degree Fahrenheit, Non-stick basket, One-touch digital controls, 1500/1700 [for deluxe version] watt of power and Cool to touch easy-grip handle.
Price – $79.99
Pros and Cons of the Power Air Fryer XL 3.4 QuartSince this is the smaller version of the 5.3 Quart PowerXL, it inherits the advantages and the flaws of its big brother. The problem being with the flaking paint of the basket and the inconvenience of using the basket. The replacement basket costs $25. The quality of the accessory is not all that good. The smaller size of the 3.4 Quart barely cooks for two. Many users say in their reviews that the 5.3 quart Power XL is too big for a family of two and the 3.4 quart is smaller than the perfect size. The 3.4 quart Power XL too takes up good amount of counter space.
VerdictCompared to the 5.3 quart version it is 56% smaller and has 13% less power but is well suited for a single person if you know what to expect from an “Air Fryer”. This is not a miracle kitchen appliance but get the job done within its limitations. Remember any Air Fryer will accommodate 20% lesser food than its stated capacity. So the PowerXL 3.4 Quart Air Fryer will actually accommodate 2.72 quart of food. Compared to the 5.3 quart model this one is 59% smaller but has the same 7 cooking functions.
The Deluxe version of PowerXL Air Fryer comes in two sizes 5.3 and 3.4 Quart. The DELUXE PowerXL Air Fryers have 1700 watt of power and comes with Baking Pan, Pizza Pan, Cooking tongs, features stainless-steel construction, Scalloped edges that help in easy grabbing, Secure firm grip for front and back of the house operations, Mirror finish and Spring-loaded construction. Comes with Hardcover Cookbook. Pizza Pan and Bake Pan. The Deluxe Air fryer has 13% more power (that is why it is called DELUXE) compared to the original one. It has the same 7 per-set cooking function similar to the original Power XL. The deluxe Power XL is also available in RED and BLACK color.
- Power XL DELUXE Air Fryer 5.3 – $149.99
- Power XL DELUXE Air Fryer 3.4 – $103
Pros and Cons of Power XL Air DELUXE FryersAccessories make cooking with the DELUXE Air Fryer easy and more convenient compared to the original PowerXL Air Fryers. Reviewers mention that the handle of the basket is flimsy. The books included in the accessories are of not much help. Reviews confirm that the Deluxe PowerXL Air Fryer works great for meatloaf and potatoes. The deluxe versions are good at cooking frozen fries, pizza, chicken nuggets for kids and also chicken wings. Cleaning is a chore though. The problem of the peeling of the non-stick teflon coating persists in the deluxe version too.
VerdictThe DELUXE version has many new features and accessories compared to the original PowerXL
The official website of Power XL [PowerXLProducts.com] lists four types of “VORTEX” air fryers which differ pre-dominatnly in the size. It is with this line of air fryers that Power XL adopted the new “VORTEX Rapid Air Technology” slogan to score over the Philips’ “Rapid Air Technology”. The VORTEX Air Fryer comes 2 Qt, 3 Qt, 5 Qt and 7 Qt sizes.
- 2 Qt Vortex Air Fryer (4 Presets): Fries, Chicken, Shrimp, Bake
- 3 Qt Vortex Air Fryer (8 Presets): Fries, Steak, Bake, Fish, Shrimp, Chicken, Dehydrate, Reheat
- Power XL Vortex Air Fryer 5 and 7 Qt (10 Presets): Fries, Roast, Bake, Fish, Shrimp, Chicken, Steak, Pizza, Dehydrate, Reheat
With the success of Power Air Fryers, PowerXL has launched the Power XL Air Fryer OVEN. The biggest advantage of the Power XL Oven over the Air Fryers is that the oven cooks 75% more food. The oven features 3 stainless steel air flow racks and 1700 watt of power to cook more food than air fryers. Another feature Power XL Air Fryer Oven has is the Rotisserie. The Power XL oven combines the Rapid Air Technology with the Rotisserie for crispier and juicier results in less time. The drip tray at the bottom of the oven catches all the oil to make your food healthier than before. You can also use your Power XL Oven as a dehydrator that can dehydrate veggies, herbs and fruits. Make dried onions and tomatoes with the Dehydrator function. So to summarize, The Power XL Oven is an Oven, a Rotisserie and a Food Dehydrator.
- 8 Preset Functions – French Fries, Shellfish, Fried Chicken, Dehydrated Fruits, Fish, Roast, Rotisserie and Cake.
- Capacity – 6 Quart. Can fit a 4 lbs chicken.
- Max Temperature – 400 Degree Fahrenheit
- Power – 1700 Watts
- 7-in-1 Multi-Cooker – Deep Fryer, Rotisserie Oven, Dehydrator, Oven Toaster and Pizza Grill
- What Do I Get?/Accessories – Power Air Fryer Oven, Rotating Mesh Basket (Just Pay Separate P&H), 10 Stainless Skewers (Just Pay Separate P&H), 3 Recipe Books, $100 Grocery Coupons, Rotating Rotisserie Spit, 3 Air Flow Racks and Oil Drip Tray.
This is the latest Air Fryer from PowerXL. This is a 1700-watt extra large family sized Air Fryer with a capacity of 10 quart. This is the largest air fryer in not only the Power XL but the entire Power XL line. The Turbo Air Fryer also features look through glass surface to see the progress of the cooking. The Turbo Air Fryer claims to cook 80% faster than traditional air fryers. The fast cooking is achieved by an extra large fan with angled blades that rotates at 3700 RPM. The features of the Power XL Turbo Air Fryer lets it transform into an air fryer, rotisserie, convection oven, popcorn maker and food dehydrator. High power means quick reheat and “frozen to cooked” is a breeze.
- Accessories – Rotisserie Spit and Holder, Rotating Fry Basket, 3 Stainless Steel Stacking Racks, Eric’s Copycat Recipe Book, Stainless Steel Air Flow Mesh Basket, 8 Skewers, No-Flip Steak & Seafood Basket
- Cooking Functions – The Power XL Turbo Fryer features 6 cooking functions – French Fries, Fish, Roast, Chicken, Bake and Dehydrate.