The biggest drawback of the RO Water Purifiers is that they remove the vital minerals from the water. PureIt with its new Copper RO tries to overcome this downside by adding “Copper dosing” system in its RO purifier. But does it really help, is this new RO really worth the price? or is it just a gimmick? find out in this PureIt Copper Plus RO REVIEW.Official website: PureItWater
PureIt Copper Plus RO FeaturesPureIt Copper Plus RO’s copper charge technology is a unique modern technology that claims to charge water with 99.8% pure copper, in real time. Also a precise copper dosing feature of PureIt Copper Plus RO infuses just the right amount of copper in every glass of water. Dual water dispensing two buttons gives you the choice of RO water and copper charged RO water. PureIt Copper Plus RO’s intelligent copper cleaning mode smartly senses and schedules copper auto-cleaning, for fresh copper infusion at all times. This beautiful RO water purifier is packed with an advanced 7 stage purification with RO+UV+MF that ensures a 100% RO purified water. PureIt Copper Plus RO’s large storage capacity upto 8 liters storage capacity of purified water so that one never runs out of RO water. PureIt Copper Plus RO features a double purity lock digitally advanced alert system alerts you 15 days before life of the Germkill Kit gets over and the Auto Shut also stops water if filter is not changed, providing a 100% guarantee of safe and sweet water. This meets the toughest safety standards by removing 1 Cr virus and 10 Cr bacteria from 1L water. A 100% food grade plastic technology prevents harmful toxins from leaching into water, unlike the non-food grade plastic.
What is 7-Stage Filtration of PureIt Copper Plus RO
- Stage – 1 PRE-Sediment Filter – The first step involves the pre-sediment filter (SF) to remove fine and coarse particulate impurities/dirt and improves life of the Carbon Filter.
- Stage – 2 Carbon Filter – The second step is the pre-RO carbon filter removes chlorine and organic impurities such as harmful pesticides. It also absorbs bad taste and odour-causing organic compounds from water.
- Stage – 3 Mesh Filter – The third step includes the mesh filter to filter the water further to ensure removal of finer particulate impurities.
- Stage – 4 RO Membrane – The fourth step makes the RO membrane to remove dissolved salts, hardness, pesticides and heavy metals like arsenic, lead and mercury. It also removes microbial contaminants like bacteria, virus, protozoa and cysts.
- Stage – 5 UV Chamber – 5th step is when the UV chamber acts as an additional stage of purification to further inactivate bacteria, virus and parasites to deliver safe water.
- Post RO Carbon Filter this level of purification acts as a polisher and enhances the taste of purified water.
- The 7th step is the Micro filtration membrane being added Post-RO and UV, which ensures that the water is purified not once but thrice.
What is Copper Charge Technology in PureIt Copper Plus ROCopper charge technology is a unique proprietary technology which is based on electro-chemical dissolution of copper in water. The level of purification acts as a polisher and enhances the taste of purified water. It ensures proper dosing in each glass of water because consumption of 2 liters of copper charged RO is great for the health.
What is MF in PureIt Copper Plus ROMF stands for the Mesh Filter technology which filters water to further ensure removal of finer particulate impurities. Micro filtration membrane ensures the water is purified multiple times.
Pros and Cons of PureIt Copper Plus RO
PureIt Copper Plus RO Pros
- 8 liter water tank means you have sufficient purified water and reduces the machine usage
- 7 stage purification giving top quality water available for drinking and prevents harmful toxins from leaching into water
- Double purity lock
- Meets the toughest safety standards
- Hands free bottle zone makes it easy to handle
- 99.8 % pure copper is used for charging which is really efficient because in traditional practice water needs to be stored overnight for 8- 10 hrs in a regular copper vessel
- Choice of Copper charged RO water and normal RO water
PureIt Copper Plus RO Cons
Amount of water wasted Water wasted as 45% of the recovery target is supposed to be noticed since the membrane type is thin-film composite and it purifies up to 28 liters per hour.
Benefits of Copper in Water
Living the busy life in today’s time we rarely, if ever, dare to intake water directly through an open source like a pond or a tap as we are well versed that it is not very safe due to the presence of multiple diseases causing bacteria, viruses and so on. In order to get the water fit enough to drink, we now have UV filters and RO purifiers to make our lives easier. In such a world, purification of water has been mentioned even in old texts of Ayurveda! The presence of copper is known to kill all the micro-organisms that includes virus and bacteria. Thus making it perfectly fit for the drinking. Copper, in very minimal quantities dissolves in water. This process, officially termed as the “oligodynamic effect” has the power to destroy a good range of molds, fungi, algae and harmful microbes because of its toxic effects on living cells. The copper content of water which reaches levels of about 190 µg/l is well within the permissible limits making it completely safe for drinking. Post 16 hours, a slight increase in the pH of water from 7.83 to 7.93 occurs making the taste of water might change a little while the physical and chemical parameters remain unchanged.
Our Verdict on PureIt Copper Plus RO(+)The reason why PureIt has come up with the “Copper Dosing” feature is obvious – RO filters remove essential minerals from the water, which is a major disadvantage of RO filters.
Why RO System
RO Water Purifiers are not a vanity, they are an essential source of clean and pure drinking water. RO Water Purifiers are often used in areas where the water is “un-treated” and needs to be treated and also purified. RO Purifiers are used where the water source is ground water extracted through tube-wells. Such ground water is “hard”, “turbid” and also “impure” and hence it needs to be first treated and then purified. Now if you consider the water discharged from the EXPENSIVE PureIt Copper Plus RO (Priced at Rs. 24000) and that from the Eureka Forbes Aquasure (Priced at Rs. 11000) – its the same water, the results are the same.
PureIt Copper Plus RO – A Vanity Item
As I said earlier that RO Water Purifier is not a vanity and the PureIt Copper Plus RO is more of a vanity item, especially the COPPER feature. While the “Copper Infusion” feature is good but it is definitely NOT WORTH the price of the purifier. Also the supposed benefits of Copper in water are not attested and verified by any independent agency. Neither are the PureIt Copper Plus RO’s claims of the “Precise Copper Dosing”, “Copper Charge Technology™”, “Intelligent Copper Auto-Cleaning” have been verified by an neutral competent authority. PureIt Copper Plus RO(+) provides no information on precisely how much copper gets added to water and also does not give any proof about the 99.8% purity of the copper used in the RO. As a buyer you should ask them proofs of the claims they make.
PureIt Copper Plus RO REVIEWS
PureIt Copper Plus RO is a relatively new purifier and does not have many reviews yet. Also please don’t get carried away by the glaring reviews mentioned on Amazon.in and other sites. These are “paid” reviews planted by the manufacturer to promote the product. Wait for some time and check the Amazon.in 1,2 and 3 star rating reviews and make an informed decision.
So to summarize, at the end of the day what you need is clean and pure drinking water which even a cheap RO+UV filter can also give you. There are other CONFIRMED methods of getting copper in to your body, you don’t need a Rs. 24000 copper doing RO machine to do that. We do not recommend the PureIt Copper Plus RO system purely based on its high price. Wait and there will be more companies coming up with the same features as PureIt Copper Plus RO, this competition will bring the prices down.