What is it?Copper Wear is a re-usable, machine washable mask that claims to be infused with copper fibers. The promoters of Copper Wear Mask claim that real copper threads are woven in the Copper Wear Mask using an unknown “Fiber Matrix Copper Technology”. They claim them to be cool and easy to breath trough. You can wear them all day around the house and when going out to get essentials. The official website is CopperWearMask.com.
Material of the MaskThe promoters [CopperWearMask.com] do not provide any information related to the material of the Copper Wear Mask except that it contains copper threads. Based on the reviews we have received, we conclude that the Copper Wear Masks are made from a thin nylon material. The mask material is very thin and has just a single layer.
Size of the Copper Wear MasksThese are “one size fits all” masks The promoters of Copper Wear claim that the properties of copper have anti-germ properties and the mask is big enough to cover the nose, mouth and the chin area.
Benefits of Copper Wear MasksThey are washable upto 40 times so unlike disposable masks which are in short supply and you need a lot of them. The better alternative is to use reusable nylon masks like the Copper Wear. Though not as effective as the surgical masks, they are enough to cover your nose and mouth, something is better than nothing. The copper supposedly has anti-microbial properties that helps the Copper Wear Mask to get rid of odors. The copper in no way kills the Coronavarius and other viruses. So don’t get lured into thinking that this copper mask offers better protection than others.
Pros and Cons of the Copper Wear Masks
- They are available and ready to ship!
- Reusable up to 40 times as claimed by the manufacturer, but users complain that it lasts just a few washes.
- These copper masks are washable. We recommend hand washing them with soap and water.
- “One size fits all”, so not many people will have a perfectly fitting mask.
- They have a a peculiar “smokey” smell, but the smoke goes away after one wash.
- The Copper Wear Masks are very thin and are not as efficient as 3-ply surgical masks (disposable masks).
- You have to wear two masks to have a firm barrier between your face and the environment.
- Many reviews mention that the the quality of the Copper Wear Masks is really bad and they doubt if they really offer better protection.
- The pad is very thin and the construction looks flimsy and the copper fabric is not going to stop the germs from entering your body.
- The Copper Wear Masks lack the inseam that you find in quality masks.
- Users mention that putting a handkerchief on your face would offer better protection than the Copper Wear Mask.
- There is no nose wire on the Copper Wear Masks, so they are going to fog up your glasses.
- You can feel your breath come out from the top gap created on sides of the nose. some people may find it very annoying, especially those wearing glasses.
- Many reviewers suspect these could be “Made in China” masks.
- The Copper Wear Masks do not have elastic, so they do not grip your your ears firmly and do not cover your nose securely. You always feel like they fall off.
- The elastic loosens up and the Copper Wear Mask than slips down, many reviewers complain about this. Also the elastic of the mask is poor.
- Cannot be machine-washed, you have to be very careful when washing the Copper Wear masks as the delicate stitching and elastic snap easily.
- The Copper Wear Masks are not FDA/CDC/WHO approved.
- People allergic to copper cannot/should not use this mask.
Is it unique?Nope The Copper Wear Masks are nothing different from the other nylon re-usable masks out there in the market. They are all the same, maybe manufactured at the same location.
Is there anything to the Copper Fabric?Nothing. The “Fiber Matrix Copper Technology” is just a fancy name given to supposed copper threads. But there is no way you can confirm this as a fact. Besides putting copper in a face mask does not prevent the viruses and bacteria getting inside your body. The “copper” thing is just a marketing ploy.
Do they work?All face masks work. Though the Copper Wear Masks are at the lower end of the effective mask’s spectrum, but with shortage of the N95 and surgical masks, these copper masks are the only options available with you.
PriceThe Copper Wear Masks are priced at $29.99 and $11.98 s/h. These copper masks are available only at the official website CopperWearMask.com. The Copper Wear Masks are very expensive compared to the 3-ply surgical masks but is at par with the similar nylon masks. Here is a price comparison of Copper Wear Mask and others.
|Masks||Material||Quantity||Price||Price Compared to Copper Wear|
|Simliber||Cotton||3 Masks||$21.99||Cheaper by 400%. Price of 1 mask is $7.33|
|Yoodelife||Cotton||3 Black Masks||$22.99||Cheaper by 391%. Price of 1 mask is $7.66|
|Copper Wear Mask||Nylon||1 Mask||$29.99||Price of One Mask is $29.99|
|Unime Mask||Cotton||2 Masks||$14.99||Cheaper by 400%. Price of 1 mask is $7.49|
|Neovoo||Cotton (35%) and Polyester (65%)||3 Masks||$8.95||Cheaper by 1000%. Price of 1 mask is $2.98|