What is the Micro Touch Titanium Trim?
According to the official website TitaniumTrim.com, the Micro Touch Titanium Trim is an all-new “at-home” hair cutting tool and precision groomer. Whether you want to trim your hair or a complete hair-cut, Micro Touch Titanium Trim is the tool to go for, the manufacturer claims in his review. The review further claims that with the Micro Touch Titanium Trim cutting hair is as easy as combing. The reviews in the official TitaniumTrim.com ad claim that the Titanium Trim tool is better than the clippers.
The Covid-19 Pandemic has forced us men to cut hair at home. And to get a perfect salon like hair-cut look, you need a precision hair cutting and grooming tool. And there is the “Micro Touch Titanium Trim”.
How does the Micro Touch Titanium Trim work?
The official review claims that the Micro Touch Titanium Trim features a completely new design where the blades are located on side of the trimmer, something like a comb. This new design supposedly lets you cut your hair with confidence. You hold the TitaniumTrim.com trimmer just like a comb and the smooth combing like action trims/cuts the hair.
Attachments: The TitaniumTrim.com Trimmer comes with 5 attachments – Long, Medium, Short, Beard and Body, and the Blade Guard.
90 Degree Offset Blades: The Micro Touch Titanium Trim claims to feature Micro-polished stainless-steel blades bonded with titanium. The titanium bonding helps the blades to stay shaper for a longer time and is corrosion resistant. the comb like position of the blades makes it convenient to use on the head hair.
Handle – The Titanium Trim handle extends to 40 mm to give you the reach needed to go to hard to reach areas like the back and neck.
200 RPM – We are not impressed by the 200 RPM revolutions of the Titanium Trim blades. The professional quality branded electric clippers have an RPM of anywhere between 5000 to 7500. Some have RPM has high as 12000.
How is Micro Touch Titanium Trim different?
While other groomers/trimmers have a traditional design that is more suited for shaving beard, the TitaniumTrim.com Micro Touch is more like a comb and primarily designed to cut hair.
Micro Touch Titanium Trim PricingMicro Touch Titanium Trim with its 5 attachments and 2 AA batteries is priced at $29.99 + $4.99 Shipping and Handling. The Micro Touch Titanium Trim is available at the official website TitaniumTrim.com only.
|Product||Type||Power Source||No. Of Attachments||Price||Reviews||Rating [Out of 5-Star]|
|Titanium Trim||Clipper and Trimmer||2 AA Batteries||5||$35||No Reviews||2-Star [Source: OspreyReviews.com]|
|WAHL 79434 Clipper||Clipper and Trimmer||Cordless, Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery||12||$39.99||2800+ Reviews||4.6 Stars Out of 5|
|Wahl Clipper Elite Pro 79602||Clipper and Trimmer||Mains Electricity [Corded]||10||$49.99||8600+ Reviews||4.6 Stars Out of 5|
|SKEY Professional Hair Clippers||Clipper and Trimmer||Cordless, 1500mAh Lithium-ion battery||8||$55.99||19600+ Reviews||4.6 Stars Out of 5|
|Kemei Professional Hair Clippers 1986||Clipper and Trimmer||Cordless, 2500 mAh Lithium-ion battery||6||$36.99||2500+ Reviews||4.6 Stars Out of 5|
|Wahl Professional 5-Star Magic Clip||Heavy-Duty Clipper||Corded and Cordless [Lithium-ion Battery + Mains Electricity]||8||$112||9100+ Reviews||4.7 Stars Out of 5|
Titanium Trim Review
Does TitaniumTrim.com really work?Not really. According to the reviews, it depends upon what type of hair are you cutting using the Micro Touch Titanium Trim. If your hair are short and fine, Micro Touch Titanium Trim would do a fairly good job. But it won’t work well for coarse and thick hair, for example the African-American hair. Based on the reviews we confirm that the Micro Touch Titanium Trim is NOT SUITED for bulk hair cutting.
Is TitaniumTrim.com a trimmer or a clipper?An hair trimmer is meant to cut the hair near the skin then a hair clipper. Micro Touch Titanium Trim is primarily a cordless electric clipper. The official website [TitaniumTrim.com] claims that it can be used as a trimmer too, but the reviews reveal that this is not true.
How is the TitaniumTrim.com Different from the Micro Touch MAX Hair Trimmer?The TitaniumTrim.com [though the name says “TRIM”] is an hair clipper meant to cut the hair in bulk. While the Micro Touch MAX Hair Trimmer is a personal trimmer. While the TitaniumTrim.com is both a trimmer and a clipper, the Micro Touch Max is just a trimmer meant to give touchups for your sideburns, eyebrows, ears, chest/back/shoulder, nose, arms/hands. The Micro Touch Max works very well has a trimmer but the TitaniumTrim.com fails to impress both as a Trimmer and a Clipper.
Is it a new concept?Yes it is. Though the manufacturer’s claim that the “comb like clipper” is an entirely new design is true. But it is certainly not as easy as they say – “Cutting Hair is as Easy as Combing Hair”. You have to do various passes to “cut” the hair in bulk.
What are the Disadvantages of the MicroTouch Titanium Trim?
- Not Waterproof – You cannot use in the shower like other trimmers out there in the market.
- Battery Operated – You need a ton of batteries to operate the Micro Touch Titanium Trim. This is a major disadvantage. There are rechargeable electric clippers out there in the market that are far better alternative to the Micro Touch Titanium Trim.
- Underpowered – Since it is battery operated, the the Micro Touch Titanium Trim has a slow motor and is weak. It takes a lot of time to cut the hair. Longer cutting time consumes a lot of battery juice and you will need a ton of AA batteries. Our product experts recommend buying Corded electric clippers if you have to cut hair at home.
- Blades Cannot be Replaced – though the TitaniumTrim.com features titanium coated blades they do become dull over time. There is no way you can replace the blades. Once the blades are dull the clipper unit is good for nothing. In the market there are better alternatives that come with self-sharpening blades, like the Philips Norelco MG3750 Multigroom All-In-One Series 3000.
- Uneven Haircut – Reviewers complain that the underpowered motor of the Micro Touch Titanium Trim leaves uneven lines of hair, there is no precision. If you think you would get salon quality results with this as seen on tv clipper, you are grossly mistaken.
- Personal Use Only – This is for personal use where you want to do a haircut for yourself once a month or so. The Micro Touch Titanium Trim is not suited for professional use. Do not expect it would do multiple haircuts a day. It is too slow and underpowered to be a Professional haircut tool.
- No Speed Settings – Unlike branded electric hair clippers, the Micro Touch Titanium Trim doe snot have multiple speed settings.
Where to buy Replacement Heads?At TitaniumReplacementHeads.com. It is recommended to replace the blades every 6 to 9 months. The cost of each blade is $9.99 plus $3.99 S&H.
Our VerdictMicro Touch Titanium Trim is not the only battery operated hair clipper in the market, there are several of them out there and they are tried and tested. The Micro Touch Titanium Trim is more of an vanity item and has very little functional value. It is an underpowered battery operated hair clipper that tries to trim hair like a dedicated trimmer too, unfortunately it fails miserably on both the fronts. We do not recommend the TitaniumTrim.com trimmer at all.
There are better electric clippers out there in the market. We recommend buying a dedicated hair clipper instead of buying a multi-use tool [Clipper and Trimmer].