What is Nano Cell TV?The Nano Cell TV provides you with pure and vivid colors on the panel with its technology. In this technology, the nano-particles absorb the surplus wavelengths let out by the bleeding colours of the RGB panel to give you true to life colours. The difference in the colours is easily visible when you compare it to any other panel which does not sport this technology. This panel also offers excellent viewing angles which means that no matter which angle you look at it from, the colours stay the same without any bleed or other issues. This means that no matter what angle you are sitting from the TV, you will always get the best experience. This technology also comes with a full array of dimming which provides a crisp picture at all times, irrespective of the amount of light in the picture.
What is OLED TV?OLED stands for Organic Light Emitting Diode which is a technology which provides you with the deepest and inkiest blacks that you will ever see. Here, when a pixel is told to display black colour, it simply does not require any power and shuts down in order to provide the black colour at that pixel and hence saves energy for you. The OLED TVs do not have a back-light unlike the LED ones since the diodes in OLED are self-emission. This means that you can get a better experience as compared to LED technology. The OLED panels also come with an additional white pixel apart from the red, blue and green combination to give more true and varied colours on the panel. This also leads to an increased life cycle of the panel itself which means good savings in the future.
What is QLED TV?The QLED technology is based on the Quantum dot technology which provides breathtaking colours by taking in the light. With this technology, you can notice even the most minute of details in the picture no matter if the picture is dark or lit up. This panel is also tuned to provide a good amount of contrast at all times which means that you can get the best possible experience with this panel. The QLED TVs also do not show any burn in which is generally associated with the LED panels. QLED TV also offer features that no other technology can. You can turn your QLED TV into a frame on the wall or a part of the wall when not using it by setting specific wallpapers on the TV. These TVs also come with a bezel-less design which means that it seamlessly blends in with your living room wall.
Benefits of LG Nano Cell TV over OLED and QLEDThe benefits of LG Nano Cell TV over the OLEDs and QLEDs are:
- The LG Nano Cell TV does not show any burn in unlike the OLED or QLED TVs which gives a better picture for a longer time.
- The LG Nano Cell TV saves more power as compared to the OLEDs and QLEDs which means lower electricity bills and greener earth.
- The colours on the Nano Cell TV are more accurate and truer to life as when compared to the other two technologies which offer a better experience overall.
- The life period of an LG Nano Cell TV is also much longer as compared to the OLED and QLEDs which means you would have to replace them much less often.
- The LG Nano Cell TV is a new technology which makes them much more future proof as compared to the other two technologies which have been around a long time now.
Nano Cell Technology TVs
LG 75SK8000PTA Nano Cell TV Pros
- It comes with Google Assistant which offers great Artificial Intelligence capabilities.
- The Nano Cell technology offers the best viewing experience.
- It comes with Dolby Atmos superior sound.
LG 75SK8000PTA Nano Cell TV Cons
- The price is on the expensive side of the spectrum.
- The technology is slightly on the undertested side.
- It comes in a single screen size with no options.
Verdict This television set is one of the flagship offerings by the brand with this technology.
LG 65SK8500PTA Nano Cell TV Pros
- It comes with 4K HDR screen which offers an immersive experience.
- It has an a7 intelligent processor which offers excellent functionality.
- It offers the latest full array dimming technology for a better viewing option.
LG 65SK8500PTA Nano Cell TV Cons
- The maximum available size is 65 inches which feels inadequate at times, especially in a larger room.
- The ThinQ artificial intelligence is not as good as the other options available in the market.
- The bezels on the TV set are quite significant when compared to the other options available in this price segment.
If you are looking for a Nano Cell technology TV with a suitable screen size options, this is your product.
LG 65UK7500PTA Nano Cell TV Pros
- The 4K Active HDR technology is the best available experience and is leaps and bounds better than the competition.
- It comes with two-way Bluetooth sound option which is available only on a few models across all brands.
- It also offers cloud photo and video storage capabilities.
LG 65UK7500PTA Nano Cell TV Cons
- The processor is quite slow on the set which leads to a poor experience when it comes to functionalities apart from just watching regular content.
- The screen size maxes out at 65 inches which does not feel adequate.
- The TV is not great value for money.
OLED Technology TVs
Sony A9F OLED TV Pros
- It comes with 4K HDR for the best viewing experience.
- Sony offers Acoustic Surface Audio+ with this model.
- The Pixel Contrast Booster offers incredible contrast.
Sony A9F OLED TV Cons
- OLED does not offer as good a viewing experience as Nano Cell Technology.
- The technology does not justify the price of the model.
Verdict If you are in the market for an OLED TV, Sony is your best bet, and this TV set is the flagship offering from the brand.
Sony A1 OLED TV Pros
- This model offers Smart TV functionality
- The 4K Ultra HD resolution offers great picture.
Sony A1 OLED TV Cons
- The TV is available in only two sizes which seem inadequate.
- The Smart TV functionality is let down by the processor inside.
Sony X90F OLED TV Pros
- The interface is based on Android TV.
- It offers Sony’s X-motion Clarity for better picture quality.
Sony X90F OLED TV Cons
- The contrast offered by the panel feels not up to the mark for the price point.
QLED Technology TVs
Samsung Q8C QLED TV Pros
- The curved display is not available with any other brand and offers an excellent picture.
- The 4K resolution offers the best experience.
Samsung Q8C QLED TV Cons
- The viewing angles are restricted with the curved display.
Samsung Q7F QLED TV Pros
- The 75-inch variant offers an excellent experience for larger rooms.
- It offers 100% colour volume.
- It comes with Ambient Display mode.
Samsung Q7F QLED TV Cons
- Smart Functionality is not as extensive as what other brands offer.
Samsung Q9F QLED TV Pros
- The 88-inch is the largest size that you can get.
- The pixel density remains high even at such a huge size.
- It offers great colours and contrast.
Samsung Q9F QLED TV Cons
- Only one size model is available.
Price ComparisonThe LG Nano Cell Technology TVs start at Rs. 2 lakh with prices going as high as Rs. 4 lakh. On the other hand, the OLED model from Sony starts at Rs. 2.4 lakh and go up to Rs. 4.3 lakh. The Samsung QLEDs are available from Rs. 2.77 lakh and go up to the price point of 23 lakh which is quite pricey for a TV.
Also read LG Nano Cell vs Samsung UHD.